Mold spores are the reproductive part of mold or fungus that cause allergic reactions. Molds feed off decomposing plant and animal matter and grow by producing filament-like clusters. Mold and fungi reproduce by giving off huge numbers of mold spores into the air, similar to plants releasing pollen. When airborne mold spores settle on organic matter, new mold clusters are grown. When mold spores are inhaled, they may trigger an allergic reaction.
Symptoms of allergic reaction can be: Sneezing, chronic cough, runny nose, nasal congestion, itchy, watery and red eyes, skin rashes and hives, sinus headaches, reduced lung capacity and difficulty breathing.
Mold allergy symptoms may grow more severe with each successive allergen exposure. Like stacking blocks, one too many blocks causes the whole stack to topple triggering an allergy flare-up. It is important to reduce your exposure to airborne allergens, food allergens and animal allergens. Allergies can lead to asthma, especially in children, causing permanent lung damage.
The other type of reaction is a toxic reaction to a more dangerous type of mold. If you are exposed to such a mold type, you may experience: Coughing up blood, nose bleeds, dizziness, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, chest congestion, difficulty breathing, anemia, skin rashes, forgetfulness and memory loss, and even pulmonary hemorrhage.
If you are encountering any of these serious health syndromes that you believe may stem from exposure to mold, please contact us to discuss your situation. We will help you get your home or workplace tested and advise you on your best move to ensure your health, which we would all agree is the most important thing.